Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Personal Narrative


I was living in Chicago with my mom, sister and grandparents while my dad was in Tennessee "working". My dad said he was going to come live with us when he had enough money to come, but I knew that was a lie. Years passed and my dad was nowhere to be found. I was always asking my mom when was my dad coming or where was he but she will always tell me that he was still working in Tennessee when we both knew that was a lie. Every day and every night I would cry myself to sleep because my dad wasn't there to ask me how was my day or to be there supporting me on my decisions.
It was 12 years since I haven't seen my dad or hear about my dad until one day my dad called me on my 12th birthday to say happy birthday and how sorry he was that he couldn't make it but I knew he wasn't sorry, I just had a feeling telling me he wasn't sorry. When my dad finished talking to me he asked me if  I can pass the phone to my mom and I did. I was curious why he wanted to talk to my mom, but when my dad got off the phone my mom started crying. I felt bad because I never seen my mom cry, so I asked her why she was crying and she starts to tell me how much she loved me. I was getting scared so I screamed at my mom saying to tell me what was going on. My mom called my sister so she can know too. Once my sister came my mom told us that my dad and her were going to break because my dad cheated on my mom and the women was pregnant! When I heard those words coming out of my mom's mouth, I was speechless. I didn't know how to react, so I started to burst into tears. I was furious, I felt like not talking to my dad at all. I hated him. 
My mom needed to tell our family, so she started with my grandparents. When my grandpa found out, he tried to explain things to me and try to support me through the situation but I was so furious that I pushed him away. I didn't want to talk to anyone at all and I lasted about a year feeling like this. I was so rude to my grandpa but I was acting like that because I felt so embarrassed and disappointed about the situation. It was a year later and I still felt horrible from the inside. I didn't had anyone because I pushed everyone away. 
It was on November when I get a call from my grandma saying that my grandpa died. I felt so horrible because I pushed him away when he was only trying to help move on from the situation about my dad leaving us! I didn't appreciate my grandpa at all and I regret it so much everyday. Hearing that someone special to you died hurts a lot and the last thing you did to that person was be rude to them was even worst. If God gave me a chance to see someone from heaven, I would pick my grandpa. He means the world to me and everything I do now is to make my grandpa happy. My grandpa just wanted to support me and make feel better. I didn't appreciate him at all and that was a big mistake I made and ever since. Now, I been appreciating everyone that I have in my life because sometimes you never know when it can be their last day or your last day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment